When the boys return from a week away at work I’ll throw this in front of them (minus the spinach) when they get home. It’s quick and easy and cheap. I have priced all the ingredients and the cheapest place is Asda!
- 500g minced steak (12%)
- 500g Passata
- 200g frozen spinach (defrosted), or 300g of fresh
- 125g Mozzarella
- 10g Parmesan (grated)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder/granules
- 1 tbs fresh parsley OR 1 tsp dried
- 1 slice of GF bread (brown or white)
- 1 tbs olive oil
Cost per person: £1.20
Prep. Time: 20 mins.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Add HALF the parsley and breadcrumbs plus ALL the garlic powder to the mince and mix well (I put my rubber gloves on and gave it a good mix with my hands).
- Season to your liking
- Tear small pieces of mozzarella and wrap the mince around to form 20 balls.
- Dry dry in a large ovenproof frying pan until cooked through
- Add the passata and spinach and simmer until the spinach has cooked through
- Tear over the rest of the mozzarella
- Bake for 15 mins.
- Add the Parmesan and remainder of the parsley to the rest of the breadcrumbs and mix with 1 tbs of olive oil
- Sprinkle on the top and bake for a further 5 mins. until golden brown
- Serve with: garlic bread, potato wedges, or pasta